Hello, all! Forgive me in advance…This is a humble request for your help. Please hear me out (If nothing else, it might be an amusing read).
I have yet to discover the fabled money-growing tree; and let’s face it, publishing and marketing a book costs money. With the upcoming April 16th release of Aqua, I would love to do an awesome job of marketing it. That’s where I need some funding. So, with that in mind, I have just created a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. I hope you can help me get it off the ground!
I’m so excited about the upcoming release of my new YA paranormal fantasy novel, Aqua, that I’m itching to share the news with the world! This global domination scheme would be dramatically more successful if I had some modest funds to draw from. The book is a finished work, packaged and ready for launch on April 16th. My desperate plea for your help is to defray the costs of marketing.
What I Need & What You Get
I need help funding a marketing campaign for Aqua. This campaign actually began before the dawn of time, and will end when I depart this Earth (preferably on a cool spaceship).
Marketing efforts will include blog touring and advertising, production of “swag” (such as bookmarks, stickers, magnets), raffle giveaways of said swag, other cool marketing ideas I have yet to dream up, and possibly one meal to sustain me during the marathon that is a new book launch. (Nachos…Just one plate. A girl deserves a plate of nachos for her hard work.)
You might be thinking, Gee…These “swag” things sound pretty cool. How do I get my hands on some of those? The answer: Sign on to help fund this project! Here are some of the perks I’ll be offering…
- Aqua bookmarks, featuring cool graphics, a witty quote (the level of wit may be subject to interpretation), and an autograph.
- Autographed Aqua stickers, which can be placed inside the book cover, on a folder or binder, on your furniture (provided it’s inexpensive and/or you’re a master of refinishing furniture), or on your person (not recommended anywhere that involves hair).
- Aqua magnets (I’m going to assume that you guys know the concept…Find something metal to stick it to.)
- E-book copies of Aqua. Ah, now we’re getting to the point of all this. The BOOK! I will gladly “Authorgraph” it for you (an electronic autograph e-mailed right to you, which you request through the Authorgraph.com website).
- Paperback copies of Aqua. (Is the name “Aqua” ingrained on your brain yet?) These are autographed, of course. I will offer a paperback copy as one of the higher-dollar perks, as I have learned from experience that shipping paperbacks gets pricey (They have to ship to me for signature, then again to you. Hence the need for a funding campaign. And my apologies for the requirement to add additional charges for international shipping. If I had the funds, I wouldn’t be begging for your help in this very moment.)
- E-book copies of my previous trilogy, The Proximity Series. Haven’t read it? You should check it out. Or, contribute to this campaign, and I’ll give it to you! Awesome, right?
- An honorable mention on my author website, www.booksbygeorge.net, if you like that sort of notoriety. I may also tweet your praises with reckless abandon (I promise I won’t be obnoxious about it.) This one’s completely optional, if you don’t care to have your name mentioned with my gushing effusions of gratitude.
Writing books is my passion. I would write books from now until the end of time, whether I have the funds to market them or not. But let’s face it, actually selling copies of books is way cooler than watching them languish on the shelves. I wish these puppies sold themselves, but I live in the real world (most of the time).
I’ve learned from marketing my Proximity series that the little expenses here and there add up to a chunk of change I don’t just happen to have lying around. If you do have a giant wad of money lying around, feel free to share your secrets on how you acquired it. (Or you can lop off a little chunk and share, I won’t mind).
I just want to send this story out into the world, and have the capacity to put it in front of more readers who can absorb themselves in the world of Aqua the way I have. That’s all I’m asking.
Other Ways You Can Help
I completely get it if you don’t have the funds to offer. Since this is all about helping me market my book, your help in spreading the word would be a huge contribution in itself. Tweet, post to Facebook, talk about it on your blog or to your friends, download a very reasonably-priced e-book copy of Aqua when it releases, and even better…Write a review about it! (Preferably one that doesn’t eviscerate it for sucking beyond belief. How could it possibly suck? It’s awesome. I have zero bias whatsoever, by the way.)
You can also sign up to join my “street team”, dedicated to helping me spread the word about my books. Just look for the giant glaring red “G-force” button on this page. You can’t miss it. Or, you can hop straight to the sign-up page HERE.
If you want to help, but you’re not sure how, send me a message on the Contact page of my website. I’ll respond to your e-mail ASAP. If you just want to say “Hi”, use the message form for that too. I love to be greeted just for fun’s sake, it’s awesome. You’ll find that I’m a real, live person. I don’t bite (unless I’m famished from hours of writing, and you look like a plate of nachos).
If you made it this far, THANK YOU. If you make it to the point of signing on to contribute, HUGE THANKS. Anything you can do to help me spread the word is truly appreciated. And as a parting treat, here is the “blurb” about Aqua:
Meet Layla McKelland:
Novelist (unpublished, but cut her some slack…seventeen is a bit early to despair),
Slightly neurotic introvert (Alright, let’s be honest…there’s no “slightly” about it),
International Woman of Mystery, and…
Okay, just scratch the bio.
The only real “mystery” in Layla’s life is why her father has never been on the scene. Or why her mother drags Layla to a new coastal home every year.
Nothing about the latest hometown seems too newsworthy…until a routine day at the beach leaves Layla questioning whether she’s read one too many paranormal fantasy novels. The plot thickens when a random guy claims to know things about her father—a bizarre claim he backs up with an equally impossible stunt. And Layla soon finds herself on the wrong side of a mysterious attempted drowning…on her own kitchen floor.
When all is done, Layla will attest that fact is far stranger than fiction. And nothing in real life is ever as transparent as it seems…Not even water.
Especially not water.